Ideal Nutrition is an in-person and online dietitian service based in Brisbane. Our biggest specialty is helping people gain muscle or lose fat.
This has developed through our dietitian’s interest in sports and strength training. This is in combination with experience gained working with clients in these areas.
Although we specialise in nutrition for muscle gain or fat loss, athletes are not the only clients we see. Ideal Nutrition sees clients of all kinds with a wide range of goals and needs.
A large percentage of people we see are not athletes but are looking to improve their health. This could involve managing medical conditions or addressing gastrointestinal symptoms.
Our dietitians consult online using Zoom, or face-to-face at Valhalla Strength in Brisbane (4/90 Northlink Place, Virginia).
There are two main goals of Ideal Nutrition:
- Help one on one clients achieve their goals. This involves working with them to create and adjust personalised nutrition plans.
- Create evidence-based nutrition content that is beneficial on a wider scale. We share this through Instagram, Blogs and our Podcast.
Sports Dietitian & Founder
Aidan started Ideal Nutrition in 2016 in Wagga Wagga after graduating from Charles Sturt University as a dietitian. Not long after that he went and worked for other dietitians and allied health organisations for a few years. This was to gain a range of experiences before starting to see clients through Ideal Nutrition again, relocated in Brisbane. Currently, he sees clients either online or in-person at Valhalla Strength Brisbane.
He has long been interested in all things nutrition, particularly the effects of different dietary approaches on body composition and sports performance. This interest really started in 2011 after discovering forums discussing nutrition online, which later translated into going to university and studying nutrition and dietetics. Due to this passion, he has built up an extensive knowledge base in a lot of areas of nutrition and is able to help clients with a variety of conditions and goals.
One of Aidan’s main strengths is his ability to adapt plans based on the client’s desires. By having such a thorough understanding of optimal nutrition for different situations he is able to develop detailed meal plans for clients, or he can provide flexible guidance that can contribute to improving the client’s overall quality of life.
Tyler completed a Bachelor of Nutrition and Exercise Sciences and a Masters of Dietetics after moving away from a long career in the fitness industry.
As part of his education, he worked with dietitians at the Brisbane Broncos rugby league club, is currently working with the Qld Women’s Rugby 7’s team, and has continued to follow his passion for performance nutrition.
Tyler also competes in powerlifting and experiments with his own diet to find the best ways to support training and body composition goals.
Leah (she/her) is a passionate sports dietitian & powerlifter. She graduated from QUT in Brisbane with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours) in 2016 and is qualified as an Accredited Practising Dietitian with Dietitians Australia and Accredited Sports Dietitian with Sports Dietitians Australia.
Leah has spent the last few years working with an extensive range of athletes from fellow strength athletes to Ironman athletes & professional boxers. Leah specializes in:
- Optimising body composition including gaining muscle and reducing body fat
- Plant based and vegan diets for athletes
- Sports nutrition for women
- Hypothalamic amenorrhea and restoring the menstrual cycle
- Building healthy relationships with food
- Acute weight cuts in weight-making sports
- IBS management & food intolerances (including FODMAP & food chemical intolerances)
- CSID (Sucrase-isomaltase deficiency)
- LGBTQIA+ Inclusive practice, including a special interest in nutrition for trans athletes
- Nutrition as part of a busy lifestyle
Leah’s nutrition philosophy is to combine the enjoyment of food with strategies to enhance athletic performance & body composition.
Leah also loves to share her nutrition tips on her Instagram @plantstrong_dietitian
Hanah is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) and Accredited Sports Dietitian (ASD) with a passion for supporting individuals to achieve their goals in a sustainable way. With a few years working as a dietitian and experience as an athlete herself (Crossfit, powerlifting & endurance events), Hanah has a comprehensive understanding of the unique dietary requirements and challenges faced by individuals and athletes.
As a dietitian, Hanah values empathy and creates a welcoming environment for her clients. She understands that achieving your goals isn’t just about strict diet plans; it’s about finding joy in the journey. She will work with you to create an enjoyable & realistic meal plan aligned with your goals.
- Fuelling Exercise Performance (Combat, Strength and Endurance athletes)
- Supporting body composition goals in a healthy manner (Fat loss & Muscle gain)
- Overcoming RED-s and LEA (Low energy availability in sport)
- Overcoming Disordered Eating (Binge, Bulimia, etc)
- Gut Health (IBS, IBD and Food intolerances)
- Managing Autoimmune Disease (Diabetes Mellitus, Coeliac Disease, Hashimoto’s)
Whilst making the nutrition interventions as easy and convenient as possible
Monica is a Performance-Based Dietitian with a passion for helping others use nutrition as a tool to reach peak health & performance.
She graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Science (Nutrition & Metabolism) and a Master of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Her key areas of interest are:
- Sports Nutrition
- Optimising performance in life and sport
- Body composition – muscle gain, fat loss
- Cultivating a healthy relationship with food
Monica is eager to constantly learn more in the nutrition field so that she can adapt her recommendations to the unique needs and goals of each client.
Sammy (Samantha) is a friendly and supportive Performance-Focused Dietitian, who has experience fuelling athletes in various team sports such as soccer, netball & AFL as well as individual sports such as long-distance running & triathlon, and, excitingly she will be competing & fuelling athletes in the Powerlifting space as of 2023.
Her key areas of expertise include:
- Sports performance nutrition
- Disordered eating & relationship with food
- Body composition – muscle gain & fat loss
- Weight management & healthy eating
- Gut health conditions & IBS management
- Women’s health.
Her goal is to make nutrition science easier to digest! She will support your goals related to performance, health & body composition, all the while ensuring to support a positive relationship with your food and body.
Josh is a Dietitian based in Brisbane who’s passion for nutrition stemmed from an interest in optimising sports performance and body composition.
He has a lot of experience in bodybuilding style training and also has a background in team sports, strength and endurance events.
As he has grown in the field, this enthusiasm has extended beyond just sports, and continuously immerses himself in the latest research to support those with general health conditions.
He strives to help a range of individuals, from athletes to anyone seeking to improve the quality of their life.
Sophie is a passionate Disordered Eating and Eating Disorder dietitian who takes a ‘health at every size’ approach to nutrition.
Her key areas of expertise include supporting clients with
– Improving their relationship with food and body
– Gut health (IBS, IBD and food intolerances)
– Eating disorders (binge eating disorder, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, OSFED, ARFID)
– Emotional eating
– Women’s health concerns (PCOS, endometriosis, hypothalamic amenorrhoea)
Sophie takes a gentle and balanced approach to nutrition to support her clients in living their lives to the fullest.