Welcome To The Food Chemical Elimination Diet Guide!
The food chemical elimination diet guide is also available as a searchable (CTRL+F) PDF download.
This is based on the elimination phase of what is known as the RPAH Elimination Diet or The Failsafe Diet.
Just a few things to note before you move on to the guide.
- Only eat food listed as low in food chemicals whilst on the elimination diet. Avoid foods that are moderate to high in food chemicals. Although foods that are moderate in food chemicals may not cause symptoms in less sensitive people. You may wish to see a dietitian for a more individualised approach.
- All foods that are moderate to high in food chemicals are labelled with either an S, A OR G or a combination of 2 or more of these letters. These stand for the 3 major food chemicals that are avoided on this elimination diet. They are: S – Salicylates, A – Amines & G – Glutamate
- Outside of diet you may also want to investigate medications, supplements, personal care products & your home environment as these may be potential triggers for your symptoms as well.
- Some people on a food chemical elimination diet also cut out dairy, soy and/or wheat/gluten simultaneously, so these foods have been listed as their own categories.
- Later on you will find a shopping list that is a summary of allowed foods on the food chemical elimination diet. Once again, soy, dairy and gluten/wheat based food have been listed separately for those who are simultaneously eliminating one or more of these types of foods.