Welcome to The Low FODMAP Food Guide!
The Low FODMAP Food Guide is also available as a searchable (Ctrl+F) PDF download.
This guide contains a comprehensive list of foods and their FODMAP content. If you want to know how to properly implement The Low FODMAP Diet, our blog post specifically on that topic would be the place to go.
When using the complete low FODMAP food guide, note the following:
- Aim to eat low FODMAP serving sizes only whilst on the low FODMAP diet.
- Portion sizes are per meal/sitting.
- All fats and oils are low FODMAP. You can even use garlic and onion infused oils to boost the flavours in your low FODMAP meals.
- All plain meat, fish, poultry and eggs are low FODMAP. However, some processed and pre-seasoned, coated meats may contain high FODMAP ingredients.
- Vegetables and fruit are in raw weights unless otherwise stated.
- Grains and cereals that are typically served cooked such as rice and pasta are cooked weight unless otherwise stated.
- When undertaking the low FODMAP diet, it is best to limit alcohol and caffeine consumption. Even when these beverages are low FODMAP, the alcohol and caffeine content may contribute to gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Carbonated drinks may also cause bloating even when ingredients are low FODMAP. Therefore, they should also be limited to avoid confusion with symptoms.