VEGAN SPORTS DIETITIAN & NUTRITIONIST
The Ideal Nutrition team provides services for a wide range of people with a variety of goals, needs, and food preferences. But with the rise in plant-based eating, we also decided to expand our team to include a specialist sports dietitian that practices in the area of vegetarian & vegan nutrition.
ABOUT THIS SERVICE
No matter where you fall on the plant-based spectrum, our plant based sports dietitian & nutritionist, Leah Higl can help you navigate the complexities of being plant-based and having performance and/or body composition goals.
Leah has worked with 100s of plant-based athletes from powerlifters to professional boxers and over this time has developed an extensive skill set in the field. As a vegan athlete herself, she understands the challenges that can arise in balancing a plant-based diet and athletic goals and is eager to share her knowledge with other people in the same position.
You can learn more about Leah here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Leah can assist with:
- Meeting nutrient requirements on a plant based diet including protein, iron and zinc
- Transitioning to a plant based or vegan diet
- Body composition changes including gaining muscle and reducing body fat
- Improving energy levels and optimising performance & recovery
- Specific product recommendations and recipes
- Plant based specific supplement recommendations
- Managing gut issues such as bloating & gas on a plant based diet
- Plant based meal planning for every day and event days
- Acute weight cuts for vegans making weight.
This service is run exactly the same as all other services at Ideal Nutrition. Simply with a plant based twist. You will have access to a sports dietitian with extensive knowledge of vegan and plant based nutrition as well as helpful resources specific to your plant based needs.
After the initial consultation, you will receive your individualised nutrition plan including supplement recommendations, a flexible meal plan, portioning guides, personalized recipes and any additional resources you need to get started.
Review consults are made as frequently as you need them, although fortnightly is the most common. During these sessions we can assess your progress, make changes to your plan, provide necessary nutrition education and address any barriers to success.
Between consults, communication with your dietitians is highly encouraged. We will also check in with you weekly via email during our time working together.
Leah has experience working with a range of athletes including:
- Strength athletes (eg. powerlifting, Crossfit, olympic weightlifting, strongman)
- Endurance athletes (eg. marathon running, cycling, triathlons, Ironman)
- Combat athletes (eg. Boxing, BJJ, muay thai)
- Team sports (eg. soccer, cricket, netball)
- Teen athletes (between the ages of 14 & 18)
You do not have to be vegan to sign up for this service. Leah works with everyone from those who are 100% vegan to those who have no interest in plant-based nutrition. So wherever you are in your journey and how plant based you want to be is completely up to you!
FIND OUT MORE
If you have questions about our vegan sports nutrition services, you can enquire with Leah directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit her over on Instagram @plantstrong_dietitian